January is School Board Appreciation Month, a time to thank our board members for their support of public education.
Did you know?
- The BOE consists of seven members elected to four-year terms
- BOE members must reside within the USD 504 boundaries
- Board members are volunteer (unpaid) positions
- The USD 504 BOE is the governing, policy-making body that sets the vision, mission, and goals of the district
- Board members make decisions on matters relating to public education and also hire the superintendent of schools
- Our BOE members are visible throughout the district, visiting schools, advocating on behalf of public education, and representing the district throughout the community
- The USD 504 BOE members are: Steven Charles, Tina Dinnsen, Terry Karlin, Nikki Lewis, Kristin Redburn, Lewis “Skip” Riley, and Cindy Sanders
THANK YOU USD 504 BOE!